We are excited to announce that effective July 1st, Family Infant Toddler (FIT) services are expanding into Santa Fe, offering early intervention in our new location beginning on August 1st, 2017. Visit us at that new office at 1911 Fifth Street, Suite 100, Santa Fe. There will be no interruption of services in Española. The agency FIT program provides a continuum of integrated developmental and therapeutic services to families who have concerns about the development of their young child ages birth to three.
FIT is part of a statewide program that provides early intervention services to infants and toddlers who have, or are at risk for, delays in development.
This program’s goal is to strengthen the capacity of families to meet the developmental and health-related needs of their infant or toddler. The FIT staff work with children and their families to achieve optimal physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development. Families also are encouraged and mentored by staff to develop healthy, positive, and nurturing relationships with their children. In fiscal year 2015, 1,578 individuals received direct, indirect, and/or outreach services.
- Evaluation and assessment
- Developmental consultation and counseling
- Family education
- Home visits
- Community Resource Center of materials on child development
- Speech, occupational, and/or physical therapy
In FY 2016:
- 295 children received intervention services to help identify any physical, social/emotional, developmental, or cognitive delays and were referred to services that could address any delays
- 443 extended family members received support to help them know how to enhance their child’s physical, cognitive, and social/emotional development so that by the time the child enters the school system he or she is functioning on a par with other children
- 639 (est.) individuals received screening at Child Find events