Conjunto PreK Therapeutic Preschool is one major element of the agency’s integrative early intervention strategy and is the only therapeutic preschool in northern New Mexico. This innovative preschool model equally blends students that are 3 and 4 years old; one third have developmental disabilities or delays; one third have emotional special needs; and one third are considered as developing normally. The program promotes self-esteem, cooperative behaviors, and the constructive expression of feelings, as well as developmental growth in language, cognition, motor, and self-help skills.
In fiscal year 2016, 467 individuals received direct, indirect, and/or outreach services.
In FY 2016:
- 44 children where provided with the opportunity to experience close and stable relationships with adults who show empathy and understanding
- 104 extended family members received support to help them better understand how to address the emotional and developmental needs of their children.
- 319 (est.) individuals in the community received outreach services through requests for information
- 6 presentations and trainings were provided to community members or collaborating agencies
- 30 individuals were able to access the community resource center