Family Support Services, formerly identified as Family Navigation and Education Services, are now available in Rio Arriba, Santa Fe and Taos Counties. Family Support Services provides rapid response to families who have had multiple Child Protective Services (CPS) interventions. The program's aim is to help children of all ages grow up in safe and healthy environments and to reduce future involvement with CPS. Assistance is provided for 60 to 120 days. By accessing FNES, families will be better able to build stronger support systems and regain confidence and control of their futures.
Families will receive:
- Individualized support for their family
- Convenient services in the community or in their home
- Parenting Education
- Connection to Community Resources
- Information and Support
- Help setting goals based on family strengths and needs
Families will achieve:
- Reduced risk of future interventions by CPS
- A strong support system and team of helpful advocates
- Help meeting family goals
- Safety for family members
- 258 children in Taos County alone, received direct services with an estianted 483 indirect recipients benefitting from enrollment of family members in Taos Family Navigation Services
- 585 children and caregivers received direct and indirect services in Santa Fe and Rio Arriba Family Navigation and Education
For more information, telephone 505.484.8549 for information on services in Santa Fe, Espanola or Taos.