The Independent Living program provides comprehensive supports to adults with developmental disabilities who live in their own homes or with family members.
The program offers consumers the opportunity to live as independently as possible while actively participating in community life. Services include:
- Day Habitation – a safe and engaging environment to learn new living and leisure skills, to socialize with peers, and to address physical needs
- Supported Employment – including job development and placement, ongoing training and coaching, and transportation
- Community Access – activities to promote participation in community life and to increase capacity to reside in and engage with the community
In FY 2016/17:
- 111 adults received services through Independent Living and Customized Community Supports. An estimated 360 other family members were indirecty affected, helping them better understand how to meet the emotional and developmental needs of their family memeber with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities.
- 40 adults were enrolled in Community Integrated Employment, while an estimated additional 122 individuals were impacted by having a family member enrolled in Supported Employment.