Las Cumbres Community Services’ Fatherhood Program will be on hand as a co-sponsor and presenter for the Third Bi-Annual Fatherhood Forum, “Being There From the Start: Dads/Granddads and Earliest Childhood” presented by the New Mexico Alliance for Fathers and Families. The forum is an action oriented and informational opportunity to build on the energy and ideas generated in the two previous forums held in 2010 and 2012. The event will be held at Northern New Mexico College in the Fine Arts Center on Friday, August 8th from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Registration information is found below.
The forum will involve open discussion of ideas and suggestions for actions, featuring informative workshops and presentations designed to move New Mexico fathers and families forward ensuring positive futures for all our children. Recommendations for improving father engagement and support in the past focused on four key areas: Education & Early Childhood, Health and Human Services, Judicial Issues, and Workforce/Economic Development. This forum will focus on very early childhood.
Along with Las Cumbres, co-sponsors of the forum include
- NM Alliance for Fathers and Families;
- REEL Fathers;
- Con Alma Health Foundation;
- NM Association for the Education of Young Children;
- Española Valley Chamber of Commerce;
- Non-Violence Works, Taos;
- PB&J, Fathers Building Futures;
- Tewa Women United; Men of Tewa Women United;
- Native Health Initiative;
- Center for the Study of Diverse Populations;
- The Ben Lujan Leadership & Policy Institute;
- Northern New Mexico College’s Northern Pueblo Institute; and
- Young Fathers of Santa Fe.
Registration is being coordinated by the New Mexico Community Foundation. Email NMCF to register.